My work is about preserving the story of your wedding day - recording and documenting moments before they disappear. I don't work to a shot list. Every wedding is different, and your photos should be too.
I work quietly on the day and don't interrupt you. That's because I don't want your photos to be about your reaction to me; I want them to take you back to how the day really felt. So I watch and observe, instead of expecting you to do anything differently.
"We didn't even realise you were there for some of them. You're like some kind of photography Ninja! You've done such a fantastic job."
I start with you in the morning. Wedding prep photography tends to focus on the bride, but the story is about both of you so I split my time. I'm not fussy about endless make-up or cufflink shots, but I do definitely want to shoot the fun, the nerves, the laughs, the weird, the wonderful...
On the day, about 90% of what I do is candid, story-telling photography. The other 10% is portraits. I keep those relaxed and natural. There's no awkward posing at all.
"I knew they'd be good, but these are fantastic. People have welled up looking at them so I think that might be a good sign ;) We love them so much."
Planning a wedding isn't easy, so I keep my packages very simple.
Digital coverage is as follows:
1. With my flexible base package, I can be there from first thing in the morning through to your evening meal; or from your ceremony through into the dancing. Whichever works best for you.
2. Go for extended coverage, and I'll cover everything - your morning prep through to your dancing.
You can add beautiful, hand-made, fine art albums to either package. For pricing, just get in touch.
In a nutshell, relaxed, quietly busy with photo-taking, and easy to forget about. Guests often assume that I'm a guest too, because I don't act like a traditional wedding photographer. I don't tell people what to do and I use small, discrete cameras that don't shout 'PHOTOGRAPHER!!'.
Actually, lots of my couples feel kind of awkward in front of the camera. It's totally OK if you do too.
Maybe it helps to remember that for most of the day, I'm shooting candidly. You'll hardly notice me. And the truth is, when you're happy, in love, and having a blast, you look amazing just as you are.
Even here, there's no 'posing' as such. I guide you a little, but it's much easier than you think it's going to be. Couples very often tell me that they loved this time of the day. It's one of the few points when you get to see each other away from the crowd.
I'm happy to shoot some of these for you too (assuming you want them). We get organised with this before the day arrives, so I can do them swiftly and avoid keeping people hanging around. The key is not to do too many.
Full access to all your high resolution (print quality) digital files, via a private online gallery with unlimited downloads. / A print ordering facility. / Options for adding beautiful fine art albums to your package. / My travel on the day covered, wherever you are.
I edit everything that I give you in a style that I've developed myself. There's no set number, but it's normally at least 500 photos for a full day.
Yes. You can opt for having a second photographer for some additional coverage in the morning, but otherwise I shoot alone. The photos you see in my portfolio reflect the way that I see my couples' weddings - you're never looking at someone else's shots.
Full time since 2014.
I get multiple enquiries for many dates every year, so I can't 'pencil in' a booking. To secure your date, you'll need to sign my booking form and pay the booking fee. The booking fee is 15% of whatever your total package fee is, and is fully deductible.
Your copies are watermark free and yours to print to your heart's content. I retain the copyright on all my work, but that's mainly a safeguard against it being used for commercial purposes without my consent (by a wedding venue, for instance).
I have both Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance.
Yes, for your protection and mine.
If I'm with you for the evening as well, then that would be great. That said, I'm vegan, and not everywhere is set up for that, so I can always bring something.
If your wedding is more than a few hours from me and I'm staying late, I may also need a room for the night. Nothing fancy though.
I'm happy to hear that! Click the Contact button below and fill out the form. I'll get right back to you to arrange a quick chat on the phone. Wedding photography is a really personal service. It's important that we get to check each other out and make sure we feel like there's a good match. So a phone call to run through some basics and say 'Hi' is the place to start.